There's not a lot you have to do to prepare for our first session together, but taking a couple minutes to get clear and set up will make things run much more smoothly.
Use the checklist below to get ready for our first online meeting:
The most important part of our work together is your mindset. Consider the following:
- What are you hoping to get out of this session? Are there time-sensitive areas you'd like to focus on?
- What are you willing to try? What have you already tried?
- Where do you feel most stuck?
- Where do you feel most resistant to change? How are you standing in your own way?
It might sound simple but having a solid baseline of self-care will greatly improve the efficacy of our work. Here are a couple things to do before we meet:
- Get some rest
- Take your vitamins
- Eat a meal
- Stretch your body
- Drink some water
Finally, one of the most challenging parts of meeting online is the space limitations clients can feel. Often folks are distracted in their own homes. Use the checklist below to prep your space:
- Find a space without distractions (cleaning or organizing your space, pets or children)
- Turn off your phone ringer or other distracting technology (as you might in an in-person session)
- Find somewhere you can sit comfortably for the time we're meeting
- Make sure your space has reliable internet or cell reception coverage so we can stay in contact
- Try a test call on google hangouts before we meet so you can be sure you'll be able to talk with me.
Gina Senarighi, MS, MA, CPC is a sex educator and relationship coach specializing in polyamory, open relationships, jealousy, LGBTQ issues and infidelity.
She can help you:
- rediscover passion in long-term relationships
- repair trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- move past jealousy, insecurity or codependent patterns
- open your relationship or practice polyamory with care
- resolve sexual dysfunction and disconnect
- break unhealthy communication patterns in your relationship
Contact her for a free consultation to see if working with her is right for you.