There are lots of benefits to meeting online
you get to stay cozy in your own home while we meet
if you travel for work we can still meet
we can continue work even if you're taking vacation or traveling for work
meeting online simplifies childcare issues
stay home in inclement weather and easily avoid the traffic
if you don't resonate with the providers who work near you
maybe you need specialized expertise in non-monogamy, jealousy, and infidelity and there's no one near you who fits
Whatever your reason, I'm happy to support you with online sessions.
I've seen many couples through incredible transformations online.
Call me to see how I can support you online.
I support relationships all around the world.
I'VE HAD LONG-DISTANCE CLIENTS IN THE FOLLOWING STATES:
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
MANY OF MY CLIENTS LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
I look forward to expanding these lists!
Set up a free call to learn more about online couples support
WHAT I DON'T DO
- Sit and nod - instead, we'll take action (I've been described as "direct and not-coddling")
- Add shame or judgment to your experience (there's already too much of that in the world)
- Assume your experience is the same as my own
- Pathologize you (I don't treat mental illness, so you won't receive a diagnosis, assessment or treatment for mental health conditions or substance use)
- Support couples who are actively violent with one another- your safety needs to come first, then our work together can begin
WHAT I DO
- Understand the unique dynamics and issues that arise for non-traditional couples (based both in lived and professional experience)
- Use a strengths-based approach to help you grow in a positive direction
- Develop an individualized plan to change the way you do relationships
- Follow a sex-positive kink-knowledgeable framework and draw from extensive experience as a sex educator
- Help you listen, build trust and communicate effectively with yourself and those you love
- Keep momentum and hope alive - even when it's hard for you to feel hopeful
How does online couples support work?
You'll get a link from me to schedule your appointments according to your schedule and time zone. You'll also receive a link to my online forms and coaching contract. You'll pay for sessions up front and we'll both log in to either Skype or Facetime (based on your preference) so we can see and hear each other. It's really simple.
What's different about online couples work?
There are very few small differences. I require payment upfront for online work and expect clients to agree to a three-month-commitment because it can be difficult to follow through for online clients.
Sometimes clients feel too comfortable in their own homes to focus or dive deep in the work. I recommend you make the most of your time by carving out full focus for our shared time.
All of that said, I've been delightfully surprised that I experience some of my most powerful couples sessions online.
What if we have a bad connection?
I'll send you set up tutorials for whichever program we choose before our meeting and I hope you'll take time to try the program out before our scheduled meeting.
I've now hosted hundreds of online sessions and have experienced very few interruptions with clients who test their systems before our call.
How can I set myself up for success in online sessions?
Find a space that is distraction-free and quiet. Some clients find they need to leave home to remove distractions, others find a cozy spot together in their living room. Please keep internet reliability and privacy in focus as you select your location.
I will not speak with you if you are driving. Your safety is too important to me.
How confidential is online couples work?
I will do everything in my power to protect your privacy and respect your confidentiality but there is no completely secure form of online communication. Anything can be hacked and any program has tech staff who are able to access your information. That's part of the trade off for the ease of online communication.
Please let me know if you have questions about the limits of confidentiality in our work.